Galveston has become my vacation spot for the past... 21 years. No lie. My family and I have been going there every summer, thanks to my grandparents who purchased a time-share at a condo. I know Galveston pretty well. I've had the privilege of taking several people with me in the past. So this year, we decided to bring the
Irvins along with us! For those who don't know, Kelly is Bobbie's best friend from way back- like 1st grade. He, his wife Jaime, and her daughter Karly joined us for a few days.
Here we are before the
Irvins left.

We ate at the
Rainforest Cafe. This was a neat place for kids. If you've never been, you should take your children. There is an "Adventure Ride", which is a large raft ride, kinda like the rapids ride at Six Flags with no rapids. The waiting area is complete with a gift shop and Build-a-Bear. The dining area is covered with trees, vines, and different jungle animals. We sat by the gorillas. Jack enjoyed it when they magically came alive!
Here's Bobs and I enjoying our food.

Jack wasn't a fan of the huge tree frog.

We also went to the beach. I was afraid Jack wouldn't like it, since we didn't have a good experience at the big pool last week. But, he loved it. Jack and I went back to the condo early for
naptime. He wouldn't sleep in his pack-n-play, so he napped on me for an hour, then Bobs.

Which explains this pic... isn't it so cute?? This is how they slept for a couple of hours.

We also went to
Schliterban, a huge
waterpark. The last time I went to a
waterpark was in 1995- and that was to
Watertown in Shreveport. I forgot how much I love water slides. Jack loved it to. He fell asleep on Bobs during the water rapids in the lazy river. That boy sleeps through anything!!!
We had a great time with the
Irvins. We will definitely be going back to Galveston soon.....
No comments:
Post a Comment