Saturday, May 8, 2010

7 months old!!

Jack is 7 months old today!
It was very difficult to get a good picture of him. He was biting his fingers and looking away from the camera. He was not amused by my funny noises and faces. But he is a cutie. Tuesday, when I picked up from daycare, he woke up from his nap with a swollen eye and nasty stuff coming out of it. I immediately took him to the doctor. Dr. diagnosed him with bacterial pinkeye (probably caused by his cold and ear infections) and also discovered a double ear infection. So, with the help of eyedrops and a different antibiotic, he is back to normal. Hopefully, he'll stay well for a while. :)
At 7 months, Jack
  • weighs 19 lbs. 15 oz. (as of Tuesday)
  • is now a full time formula baby. The weaning process took a little longer than I expected. It was hard to stop nursing because it's such a special bonding time between us. But it was time. He started weaning himself, which made it a little easier.
  • still wears size 3 diaper.
  • can no longer wear any 6 month clothes.
  • enjoys squash, carrots, green peas and sweet potatoes. Peaches apparently do not agree with his stomach. He will try green beans this week. I hear most babies do not like green beans. But he is his Daddy's son, so I'm sure he'll enjoy them.
  • has started "pre-crawling". He gets on all fours and starts rocking back and forth. He is also crawling or scooting backwards.
  • loves to sit on the floor and play with toys.
  • still sleeping all night.
  • is squealing ALOT lately. It's very high pitched. I cannot squeal that high.
  • loves to hit anything... his toy drum, hands, exersaucer, anything! Maybe he'll be a drummer!
  • lays down on his boppy and holds his bottle up when he drinks. It's really cute.
  • is getting more and more hair everyday. It's dark and fine, like mine.

We love Jack so much and are so thankful we have such a laid-back, happy, handsome, cutie pie baby. We can't imagine life without him.

p.s. Happy Mother's Day to all mothers!!



Here are some of the better pics I took. I took lots.















No comments:

Post a Comment