Friday, July 9, 2010

Jack is 9 months old!

Jack is 9 months old!! I can't believe in 3 months we will be celebrating his 1st birthday!! Wow, did I just really type that? First Birthday? I better get to planning! J/K... I've been planning his party for a while but now I need get to purchasing! Hahaha.. J/k, Bobs. No, really. :)
ANYWAY... What's Jack up to at 9 months?
Well.... Jack...
  • weighs 22 lbs. 2 oz. (75 %tile) and is 28'' long (50%tile)
  • is still wearing a size 3 diaper, but will be in size 4 after we use all the size 3's.
  • is wearing 12-18 month clothes.
  • can pull up on anything... a mirror, his pack-n-play, a door, Boudin, anything!
  • is a speed crawler.
  • gets upset when I tell him no. Hmmm... when should I turn the evil eye on?
  • can stand on his own without holding on to anything for several seconds!
  • says "Dadadadada" all the time. He has mastered the /d/ sound and the /b/ sound. He can say the /m/ sound too... a few times he has said "Mamamamama".
  • is shy around people, but once he warms up, he doesn't stop talking.
  • is still sleeping all night. His bedtime is promptly at 8 p.m., or before. I will put him in his bed wide awake and he goes straight to sleep. And, he sleeps in all kind of positions and ways in his bed. It's cute!
  • still takes 4 bottles a day in addition to his rice cereal and baby food. This weekend we will start table food and later... a sippy cup!! Ah!!!
  • still has only 4 teeth, and no signs of any others yet.
  • Speaking of teeth, we brush his teeth everyday. Good dental hygiene starts NOW!
  • is getting more hair and it's LONG, especially around the ears. I have to keep it tucked behind his ears.
  • loves Puffs, especially the sweet potato flavor.

This summer (which is really only 4 weeks left... BOO!) I plan to transition his feedings from 4 to 3 big meals a day including little snacks in between. I hope to have him on a sippy cup before I go back to work. I heard it is hard.

Wow, I really can't believe he's 9 months old. We just love him so much.




Not happy b/c he wanted to move and I wanted him to be still for a pic!!










No comments:

Post a Comment