Monday, July 5, 2010

Weekend Happenings

Happy Independence Day!!
We had a good day, in spite of what this picture shows. Jack didn't want me taking his picture. He wanted to crawl. All I wanted him to do was to be still so I could get a pic of his cute t-shirt! Oh well.

Don't worry, there were no tears shed during this tantrum.


Jack still pulls up on everything. Most mornings, when he is ready to get out of bed, he is standing up in his bed waiting for someone to get him. He does this in his pack-n-play, too!
Peek-a-boo!

One of things I love about being off in the summer is visiting and catching up with my out-of-town friends. During the school year, it's hard to see each other because of weekend plans and everybody living so spaced out in North Louisiana. I was excited to travel to Monroe last week to meet Janie's new baby girl- Millie Marie and to visit Emmy and her children! Millie Marie is soooo precious. She has a head full of hair! I thought Jack had lots of hair when he was born, but NO! Millie Marie has more hair than Jack does now! Janie and Jeff are doing great. I'm so excited for them!
After visiting them, I went to Emmy's new house in West Monroe. I was so excited to finally see her and her three children, as it had been a while since I've seen them. Baby Drew is sooo cute! I got to feed him and rock him. I forget what to do with itty-bitty babies! Being around these infants made me realize how big Jack really is! Anyway, I loved visiting with Emmy, Molly, Caroline and Drew. ShellShell and Avie stopped by too and I loved seeing them as always. Jack-Jack was hanging out with his Mimi, so he was unable to join me.

The Johnstons
The next day, I met Jessie and Olivia at the Boardwalk for lunch! Olivia is precious!! I took her outside for a few minutes to walk around. I kept thinking, "This will be Jack in a few months!!" We had a nice visit. I couldn't stay and shop with them b/c I had to get Jack from his Mimi and Pop's house. They had a slumber party the night before, and I sure did miss him!!

Doesn't Jess look great? I'm jealous of Jessie's tan. I don't tan anymore, I just burn. Thankfully, Jack has a natural tan like his daddy.

AND, perhaps the most exciting news... I got a new vehicle!! Although I have loved my Honda for many years, and it's been a GREAT car, it was time for something bigger. No, I was not expecting a new car this soon, but the deal kinda fell in our laps! I'm loving it, by the way. It's so shiny and clean! I shall keep it that way. Check back with me in a month to see if I've done that!


I'm pretty sure I'm more excited about the new car than Jack is.


This week will be busy as I have MORE workshops to attend and Jack's 9-month check-up! I'm sure a 9-month update will be posted this weekend. Have a great week!



1 comment: