Saturday, February 26, 2011

Mardi Gras Parade #1

Yes, it's that time of year... Mardi Gras!!! No, it isn't the actual, real Mardi Gras day, but we can celebrate it right? Shreveport has 2 big Mardi Gras parades for the 2 biggest krewes. Tonight was the 1st parade. The 2nd is next weekend. I've never seen anything like it. When Bobs and I lived down south, we had a Mardi Gras break- 3 days of no school. The parades were so much fun! Just one on a Friday night. But then, we moved to Shreveport. The first year we attended the parade was craziness! People camp out the Friday before... like tailgating for an LSU football game. There are Port-A-Potties everywhere, grills, ice chests as far as the eye can see. We live right in the middle of the parade route, so if we need to go somewhere, we're pretty much trapped during the 3 hours of the parade... seriously, that long. But I'm not complaining because we took Jack to his first Mardi Gras parade. I can't remember why he didn't go last year, but he was just an infant, so he would not have enjoyed it. The parade started at 4:30, but didn't hit our area untill 6:30. Jack was unsure about all the people, music, and floats, but it didn't take him long to warm up. He got sooooo many beads. The ladies love him. He danced to the music, gave everybody high fives... it was so cute! I'm thinking about taking him to parade #2 next weekend!!! Here are some pics...

Holding onto Daddy... not too sure what's about to happen.
It's ok. Mommy's got me now, so I'll loosen up a little.

Got some more beads!


Dancin' to the music!



I'm getting weighed down by all of these beads!

We ended up collecting countless beads, about 10 cups, and a stuffed animal. A good time was had by all. Jack was given a bath immediately, then went to bed. I'm sure he'll sleep so good tonight, and maybe he'll sleep in for Mommy and Daddy!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment