Friday, May 13, 2011

19 months and tubes...

Jack is 19 months old!!
Hooray!


At 19 months, Jack...


  • weighs 27 lbs.

  • wears a size 5 diaper. I have recently discovered that Luvs is just as good as Pampers, and is $2 cheaper!

  • wears 18-24 month size clothes.

  • still sleeps from 7-6:30 A.M. on school nights.

  • eating a little better... eating different foods... and anything with cheese.

  • saying more words more clearly... although alot of times he has a conversation with me but I haven't a clue to what he's saying.

  • gives kisses and hugs.

  • still loves to play outside.

  • loves to torment Boudin.

  • is a big entertainer... and he knows it. :)


On Thursday, Jack had his procedure to put tubes in his ears. I'd heard alot of stories from different moms about their experience. I kinda knew what to expect. What I didn't expect was to be in and out of the surgery center in an 1.5 hours. The longest part was waiting for them to get Jack to go back to surgery. That was the toughest part because we were in the pre-op room FOREVER!!! Jack wanted to walk around but he couldn't so he was pretty fussy. Add that to the fact that he hadn't eaten or drank (drunk?) anything since the night before.






But as soon as they took him back to get started, we decided to get some breakfast, so Bobs left to go down the road to pick up some food. When he came back with the breakfast, we sat down to eat. As soon as I took my first bite, in walks the nurse to tell us Jack was ready!! So she leads us into a room where another nurse was holding him, he was sleeping. She handed him to me and told me to support his head because it was floppy like a newborn. At this point, I'm loving it b/c I love holding and rocking him. He doesn't let me do it too often. After about a minute, he wakes up and wants to get down. Ok- time to go home!!







So we are home at 8 a.m. and Jack is as happy as can be! He took two awesome long naps and played like nothing ever happened! Here's to hoping this surgery will alleviate his ear infections. I'm already impressed with his good moods! Yay for tubes! And by the way, I only cried twice!







No comments:

Post a Comment