Thursday, May 5, 2011

When Will They Stop???

Being a mother is totally rewarding and it's so much fun. But one of the rough parts is seeing your child get sick. This year has been a rough one for Jack. We've been to the doctor several times within the past couple months... and each time he's had ear infections. Dr. checked his ears at his 18 month checkup and he still had an ear infection (his 10th by the way). So, she referred us to an ENT... TUBES!


We had his ENT appointment last week and alas.. doc recommended tubes. He said he would've done them a long time ago. OK- thanks for making me feel bad. After 10 days on a DIFFERENT antibiotic, his ears were clear at the time of his ENT appt.

But tonight, I am 100% he has another ear infection. All the symptoms are there: crankiness, fever, runny nose, yanking of the ear, and tired. So I gave him some ibuprofen and put him to bed.




All this to say that Jack will have tubes put in his ears next week. The doc will not do the surgery if his ears are still infected, so if these symptoms continue, I will need to take him BACK to the doctor to get another dose of Amoxil. I just hope this surgery will help my baby feel better... I hate seeing him miserable.




1 comment:

  1. Praying he gets better soon so those tubes can go in! We have finally gotten a stage where I haven't used all my sick days. Yahoo! Your day will come when Jack will be well and mommy will be worry free( for the most part!).

    ReplyDelete