Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Our Story: Ch. 2

Our doctor's appointment was weeks after we found out Lindsey was pregnant. So we had plenty of time tell our family and closest friends.
We were really excited, and so was everyone else. I even told my co-workers and editor.
Then the doubt started to creep in. I began to dwell on the financial responsibilities that lay ahead. I even considered quitting my job to find something that paid better.
I shared my feelings with my brother-in-law, who is married to Lindsey's sister, had a son and, at the time, was expecting a daughter.
He was in a similar situation. What he told me changed my life.
"You'll adapt your spending habits when the kid comes. After the first couple months, you'll know what it's going to take, and you'll fit your lifestyle around that."
He lifted the burden off my shoulders with those words. I'd follow that man straight into Hell.
With that pressure gone, I was able to focus on what was truly important - preparing for this pregnancy. Sadly, I wasn't prepared for what happened next.

2 comments:

  1. i'm loving these by bobbie! keep them coming; and not so long between posts.

    hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete