Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Oh well.

It's 2:41 PM and my baby boy is down for his afternoon nap. I use this time to do some chores, check my email, and nap sometimes. It's my "quiet time". I enjoy it, but I miss Jack while he sleeps. I want to hold him 24/7, but know that's impossible. Oh well.

So today was an interesting day. I woke up, fed Jack, had play time, put him down for his nap and got in the shower. I get out and here my phone make the noise that means I have an appointment. I think, "Do I have something to do today?" So I go check my phone, and sure enough, my last post delivery check-up is today... in 15 minutes!! I thought it was tomorrow! I confirmed it when I found the reminder card. So, I don't even dry my hair b/c it's soaked and would take to long. I put it in a messy ponytail, throw on some clothes and call the doctor to tell them I'm going to be late. The receptionist tells me they allow 30 minutes. OK- I'll be there. I wake up Jack, change his diaper, grab some frozen milk, begin to thaw it out, put on my rings and watch, put the halfway frozen milk in the bottle, grab my purse, diaper bag, and Jack and head out the door. I made it to the doctor with 10 minutes to spare. Whew!! I am SuperMom! Not really. I can't even remember my doctor appointments. Oh well.

I'm sure Dr. M will miss me, as I have been to her office every month since October 2008.

Yesterday, Jack and I met Leslie and Mackenzie at Fairfield Grocery for lunch. He did great up until the very end, then got fussy, so we had to leave quickly. Oh well.
But it was a nice lunch. Thanks Les!
Then we went for our weekly visit to Grandaddy's. He loves Jack. Jack was a little fussy again so I got him out of his carseat and let him sleep on my chest. Love that feeling.

I'm so disappointed in myself. I planned to cook roast, rice, gravy, and peas (an Abrahm tradition) tonight for supper, but I forgot to set out the roast to thaw. Oh well. I will fix it tomorrow.

I've become more forgetful and scatterbrained than when I was pregnant. Didn't think that was possible, but it is. But that's ok. Because I love my son and husband. And that's all that matters.

1 comment:

  1. Jack is so cute! AND he looks like he's a pretty happy baby. David Scott (when he's awake) is pretty content. It makes things easier. Oh well, the buffet is about to open for lunch so I gotta get prepped. :)

    ReplyDelete