Friday, January 8, 2010

Our Story: Ch. 4

I've heard that time heals all wounds.
I don't think that statement is completely true. Although the pain certainly numbs over time, it never goes away. The scars from those wounds last a lifetime.
It's been over a year since the miscarriage, and my heart still aches every time I think about it. Time doesn't heal wounds. It just allows you to move on.
And move on we did.
Turns out that Lindsey had developed a cyst on an ovary. She was having some pain and swelling in the area. The doctor checked it out and decided surgery was the answer.
Things died down a little bit after the surgery. We were able to put everything behind us, for the most part.
Lindsey's sister had a baby girl on Dec. 26. It provided us a nice distraction from all the craziness.
At this point, normalcy had crept back into our daily lives.
We fell back into our old routine, good and bad. Some of our old issues started to resurface, but they didn't seem as serious as before.
I guess after what we went through in October, the volume got turned down on everything else. Maybe we were still numb from what had transpired, or maybe we just didn't care. Whatever it was, I was happy to be thinking about something else for a change.
So it felt good when Shelley and Jere (Lindsey's sister and her husband) asked me to be Payton's Godfather. It gave me something to care about and look forward to.
Other than being something cool to call yourself, Godfather really has only a symbolic significance. My only duty was to stand by Payton at church while she was baptized. Nonetheless, I was honored to do it.
Payton's baptism took place on Sunday, Feb. 8. We decided to drive down to New Iberia on the 7th.
We would be traveling with a lot more than just our luggage.

No comments:

Post a Comment