Tuesday, June 30, 2009

It's hot...

How do people make it without air conditioners? Geez.... and I think mine is about to go out again!

Anyway, enough complaining about the heat. You would think since I'm a product of North Louisiana that I would be used to this. I think it gets hotter every summer.

This weekend was one of my oldest and closest friend's baby shower. I got to visit with alot of childhood friends that I've not seen in a LONG time. It was so much fun!! Hard to believe it's been 10 years since we graduated high school. It was fun talking with everybody. I was glad to see everybody's children also! Wish I took pictures...

Today was my doctor's appointment and I took the infamous sugar test. I arrived at 8:15 (after not eating anything past midnight) and had to drink an orange drink in 5 minutes. During the hour wait, we had an ultrasound done and met with the doctor. Everything looks good. An hour after I drank the delicious orange drink, the nurse pricked my finger, put the blood sample in the machine and 30 seconds later, Voila!! I passed!! You needed less than 135, mine was 87. Hooray! My belly grows bigger EVERY DAY!! No joke. In fact, I think it's bigger now, this evening, than it was this morning! Probably b/c I've eaten lots of food since then. Baby boy is squirming around as we speak.

This afternoon, I met some friends at the Boardwalk to see "The Proposal". As I drove up to my house and waiting for me was a big box at my door. I brought the box inside and opened it to discover the baby bedding we picked out!!! After lots of discussion, we decided on a sports theme. The bedding has reds, blues, yellows, etc.. and will go with just about anything. I can't wait to put everything together in the baby room!! My goal is to be done with everything in the nursery by August 1. That gives me a good month to work hard. I unofficially go back to work the first week in August. School starts earlier every year, it seems.

And on a totally random note, I love the show "Reba". Why didn't I discover this show when it was still on prime time tv?? "I'm a survivor"

Hope everyone has a great week and a safe holiday weekend. I plan to stay cool in the comfort of my home. Bye!!

1 comment:

  1. you need to post some belly shots! i bet you're too cute!

    ReplyDelete