There we were, sitting inside Lindsey's car, which was parked outside a random gas station in the outskirts of Alexandria, looking at a positive pregnancy test that was wrapped in toilet paper.
I couldn't tell you what was going through my mind at that moment.
I think this was a case of information overload. It's like when a computer has too many applications running at the same time, and it freezes. That's exactly what I did. I could find no words.
It took Lindsey's crying to snap me back to reality.
We had just been through the most trying time in our lives, and now we were about to go through it again.
After composing ourselves, we decided that she would schedule a doctor's appointment, and we would wait to tell our family.
We jumped the gun the last time. We wanted to make sure this time.
We continued our trip to New Iberia and kept everything to ourselves. It would two more weeks before we knew for sure that Lindsey was, in fact, pregnant.
Park City Utah
4 years ago
yea!!
ReplyDelete