Monday, March 1, 2010

Our Story: Ch. 7

Lindsey took about seven pregnancy tests between the infamous gas station test and our visit to the doctor.
All of them were positive. Every time Lindsey took a one, the positive line got darker and darker.
Still, we needed more proof.
The wait was literally painful. The stress of it kept me up at night. I sleepwalked through work, barely able to string together sentences. I'm pretty sure there were a couple nights where I just drank myself numb.
I struggled with the prospect of becoming a father. Money was tight, even without a child, and the newspaper industry was and still is not the most stable place to work. That's not mentioning the fact that we were neck deep in the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression.
How were we going to stay afloat? We were expecting another round of layoffs at work and furloughs had become the norm.
I was only 28, and I felt like I was about to have a stroke. I kept most of this from Lindsey, but I think she knew I wasn't feeling great.
The day of her appointment, I decided I would also go see a doctor. This kind of anxiety was not normal.
I ended up not needing to go to the doctor.

1 comment:

  1. I rarely have the patience to sit down to read a book, but this is just perfect!! Can't wait for the next chapter. I love it. Mrs. Dyson

    ReplyDelete