Friday, October 8, 2010

Happy Birthday Jack!!! 100th post

Jack is ONE YEAR OLD today!!! How fitting is it that this be the 100th post???
Right now, it is 10:47 P.M. on October 8, 2010. This time last year, I was finally holding my baby boy for the first time in the hospital. Who knew that this would be the best year of our lives? Was it easy? At times, NO. Bobs and I had rough times here and there, as most first-time parents do. But was it all worth it? OF COURSE! And we are so thankful and blessed to call this beautiful boy our son.

At 12 months, Jack:
  • Currently weighs about 23 lbs. (Not sure about the height)
  • Can take lots of steps- I've lost count.
  • Will NOT take anymore baby food.
  • Only eats stuff he can pick up with his hand like grapes, crackers, fries, chicken, and other things.
  • wears mostly 18 month clothes.
  • is starting to be more independent- he definitely has a mind of his own and is stubborn!
  • now takes one long nap a day, thanks to Mrs. Mary his babysitter.
  • has 5 teeth, and 2 more on the way!
  • is almost completely on milk- we've started him on more milk and less formula.
  • had his first haircut last weekend.
  • loves wearing his Jordans.
  • finally drinks from a sippy cup. No more bottles! I found a good one that he likes from Walgreens!

Here is our baby's birthday in pictures. Stay tuned for his party pics!!! Party tomorrow!!


Eating a cupcake at daycare. He scarfed it down!
Thanks, Mrs. Mary for my froggy!

Quick birthday pic before heading to work!


Opening his first present- a Tickle-Me Elmo!



I'm 12 months old!!!

















Here is one of Jack's attempt to walk.
You might notice "The Office" theme song playing in the background. Here's the story. Jack was born on a Thursday night at 7:08 P.M. via c-section. The episode of "The Office" that night was Jim and Pam's wedding. I remember watching the very last scene (after the surgery) with Bobs in the recovery room. We loved the episode. So, everytime we watch that particular episode, we or maybe just I, tear up. It will always be reminiscent of the night Jack was born. Also, Jack loves to dance to the theme song. Sometimes it'll be playing on TV and he'll stop what he's doing and dance. So, we downloaded the song in Itunes and play it all the time. It's his favorite song, so that's why we played it. Notice how happy he is!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Jack!! I've already seen the pics on fb and it looks as though everyone had a great time!

    ReplyDelete