Friday, April 1, 2011

The Boot

**Note: This is NOT an April Fool's Post. This is very true. ** After the New Year, I decided to start running again. My definition of "running" may be different from other people's, but I do enjoy it. I like to run on the paved running/walking paths next to the river. Anyway, after running a few days, my foot started to hurt. Eventually, after a few weeks, it started to swell. I didn't think anything of it, I'll just lay off the running for a while. After two months of painful walking, and just a painful foot, I decided it was time to see someone about this. So I called a local orthopedist and they saw me yesterday. My expectation was for him to prescribe some kind of medicine to make the swelling go down and maybe ice it for a few days. Alas, I was wrong. I have apparently damaged some ligaments in my foot and have to wear a "boot" for at least 2 weeks. I've also been given a medicine to take. Doc told me to wear the boot for as long as I'm on my feet. So, I thought I'd try it out at Walmart. It was difficult because the boot makes my leg longer than normal, so I walk with a limp. I'm also not happy about this because I'm on my feet ALL DAY LONG at work. Grrrrrrr...... Also, chasing around a toddler isn't easy in the boot. It's hard to bend my leg. But, I will not complain anymore about the boot. I should be thankful that there is no surgery or anything serious involved with my foot. I hope it heals quickly so that I can resume my running. :)

2 comments:

  1. oh no! hope it's better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!! I totally feel your "boot" pain! At least it's still early in the year and not too hot yet. I wore one for EIGHT WEEKS last summer. Gross :) Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete