Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Jack is 21 months!

Jack is 21 months. It's weird to say that to people when they ask how old he is. I just say, "He'll be 2 in October." He's learning and doing new things everyday. We spend almost every minute together, except when he's sleeping.

At 21 months, Jack:


  • wears size 5 diapers.

  • 24 month or 2T clothes. Some shorts are too long so Mimi hems them.

  • weighs about 30 pounds.

  • no idea about height. Can't find tape measure in all this moving.

  • still likes "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse", but has been introduced to "Yo Gabba Gabba" and he LOVES it. He's gets so excited when he sees DJ Lance pop up on the tv screen.

  • eats just about everything now. I'm so glad. I was worried for a while.

  • can just about repeat everything you say, and correctly. Although, if I say "Say please", he says "Daaaaaa". ??? He does say thank you without being prompted.

  • LOVES to dance. It's so crazy. I knew he would though b/c Bobs and I like to dance.

  • loves books.

  • takes one big nap. Lately his naps have been 2-3 hours!! I think it's something about this house, or the heat. I'm not sure, but I like it!! Sometimes I take a nap also, if I'm not busy looking for jobs.

  • is happy all the time, although...

  • can turn on the temper every once in a while.

  • knows three numbers: 2, 6, and 9. He knows where they go when we count. We're working on the other numbers though. Last night he said seven!!

  • has adjusted very well to the move. He's back on a schedule. We try to do something out of the house everyday.




Last weekend, we went to the Museum of Natural Science in Houston. It was really cool! Here are Bobs and Jack in front of the animal exhibit, maybe habitats? Underneath the lion is a bloody zebra leg. Jack did not like the lion. He's holding on to his daddy very tightly. My favorite part of the museum was the gem collection and the pretty jewelry. I even saw something very similar to the "heart of the ocean" necklace in Titanic, one of my favorite movies. :)






Afterwards, we went to a restaurant called Ruggles Green. It was delicious. Jack was very serious about eating his food.







After a long day, Jack was worn out. He fell asleep while eating graham crackers.


In other updates, I have joined a gym. I need to get back to working out. They have a childcare center where Jack can go while I exercise. The first days were rough. I even had to leave early b/c he cried too much. But today was a success. All he needs to do is get used to the people and the place. Hooray!!!!


I'm getting used to this big city. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment