Wednesday, July 27, 2011

One month as Texans...

We've been in TX for about a month now. We are getting used to this big city called Houston. Traffic is not my favorite, but besides that we are liking it here! I have finally found a job, which is a huge relief. I'll be teaching 2nd grade, which is great because I already have 4 years of experience in 2nd grade. I will start my "new teacher" orientation on the eighth, so next week will be spent setting up my new classroom. Jack will start his daycare full-time on Monday. I'm sure he'll cry for the first week, but hopefully he'll be over it soon. Bobs likes his new job. He stays really busy. And Boudin is doing good. He just about caught the house on fire by turning on the gas stove burners while Jack and I were at the gym. He did this by trying to get a pizza box off of the stove. (He ate the pizza last night!) Instead he turned the knobs and lit two burners while the pilot light was trying to light in another one. Needless to say, the pizza box was burnt to ashes and now the house smells like burnt pizza. Thank God nothing else was burnt. 



I am looking forward to starting my new job. I am nervous because I'll be a new teacher all over again, in a different state with  different curriculum. Luckily, TX and LA have similar standards so I think I'll be ok.
Can't wait to go to hometown for BFF's dirty thirty party and to see family and friends. Have a good weekend! Oh, and enjoy this video of Jack counting his 3 numbers that he knows so far. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment