Thursday, July 28, 2011

Announcement, Announcement!!

These guys are so happy because...

Mommy got a job!!!!!
Hooray!!!
I'll be teaching 2nd grade at a wonderful school. I'm super excited and ready to get to work! Second grade is one of the best grades to teach. With four years of experience in second grade already, I feel like I will do a good job. The TX and LA standards are very similar. I've already brought one load of teacher stuff back from Shreveport... gonna get more this weekend. Gonna get started next week!!! I saw a Lakeshore store in Houston earlier. I shall shop there soon.

In other news...
  • Jack will start daycare full-time on Monday. I'm sure he'll do great. He will probably cry for a little while when I drop him off, but he will get used to it.
  • Tropical Storm Don is heading our way. Living in south LA for 4 years has prepared me pretty good for hurricane season. Especially since we were living down there for Rita and Katrina. Now we're back in Hurricane country. Oh well. At least we know what we're looking for!!!
  • Boudin, the greedy dog, almost put our house in flames yesterday. While we were gone, he tried to get an empty pizza box off of the stove. While jumping up, he somehow turned on 2 gas burners. The box was burnt to ashes when we got home, and the clicking noise of a pilot light trying to light was the sound in my ears. Thank God nothing else was burnt.
  • Bobs is still liking his job. He stays pretty busy, which he likes. I'm so proud of him.
  • I had a nice lunch with my Shreveport teacher friends this week. I'm really going to miss them. It was super hard to leave them.
  • Time to get my TX driver's license. Does this mean I'll be an official Texan??
  • Ready for football season to start!!! Unfortunately, I probably won't make any LA games this year. Maybe a Tech game. But I will enjoy watching games on TV. Especially the Saints! I guess I will go for the Texans too. I have seen them play in Reliant Stadium before! Bobs is a lifelong Cowboys fan, so I will cheer for them too.
  • Going to BFF's Dirty Thirty party this weekend. Can't wait to see our friends and family this weekend!
  • Our house is still for sale in Shreveport. Let me know if anyone is interested. It's a great house in a good location!
  • Have a good weekend!!! Teachers, enjoy these last days of your summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment